Where to Go: Start the day with a stop at The District @ Mills 50 for a terrific introduction to the neighborhood. This community co-op highlights 36 local makers and their crafts, from soaps and candles to jewelry and kombucha, and serves coffee and tea. Afterward, lace up your running shoes at Track Shack, which has been keeping Orlando runners geared up and ready to hit the streets for nearly 40 years. Art is seemingly everywhere in Mills 50, from wall murals to artistic expressions on canvases in the forms of utility boxes and even trash dumpsters. Curated photography and art exhibits can be found at Snap! Space in the restored historic Cameo Theatre, and botanical beauty awaits in the 50-acre outdoor oasis found on the district’s edge at Leu Gardens. When it’s time to eat, there are plenty of options in this highly sought-after neighborhood, from BBQ at Pig Floyd’s Urban Barbakoa to Mexican at Black Rooster Taqueria (don’t miss the from-scratch tortillas); vegetarians can enjoy organic, local and fair-trade dishes at Dandelion Communitea Cafe.
HIT THE TOWN
Remix At this new record store with vintage décor, you can listen before you buy.
Quantum Leap Winery Tour Central Florida’s only sustainable winery Thursday through Saturday. →
Vietnam Cuisine The steamed rice noodle rolls here are highly recommended by Orlando food blogger Ricky Ly.
GET CONNECTED @DISTRICTATMILLS:
* FACEBOOK: facebook.com/DistrictAtMills
* INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/DistrictAtMills
* TWITTER: twitter.com/DistrictAtMills
GET CONNECTED @MILLS50:
* FACEBOOK: facebook.com/Mills50
* INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/Mills50District
* TWITTER: twitter.com/Mills50
GET CONNECTED @SOSARTGALLERY:
* FACEBOOK: facebook.com/SOSArtGallery
* INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/SOSArtGallery
* TWITTER: twitter.com/SOSArtGallery
* LINKEDIN: linkedin.com/in/SOSArtGallery